Most scuba divers wear wetsuits almost all year round when diving in certain parts of the world, but if you’re doing any cold water diving, what you’ll need is a drysuit. There are a few major differences between wetsuits and drysuits, the most distinct being that the latter is generally loose-fitting and keeps water out completely (hence the name) to keep you as warm as possible.
If you’re looking to dive in Antarctica, Iceland, or even in Canada, a drysuit is the main thing you will need to allow you to enjoy everything that cold water diving has to offer.
Best Drysuits for Scuba Diving
Whether you’re going deep diving in the world’s chilliest oceans or going snorkeling, boating, and doing any research or rescue dives during winter months, it’s best to invest in the best dry suit that can offer you maximum warmth and protection. Below are some of the top-rated drysuits on the market today.
LeisurePro Price: $1,809.95
Drysuits can be made of a variety of materials and waterproof fabric to suit different types of cold water diving. As for Waterproof’s D7 Pro Condura ISS, it is made of trilaminate and features a heavy-duty Condura outer shell with integrated silicone seals for maximum protection against cold water and surface abrasions. Its new reinforced waterproof features are designed to handle extreme cold conditions and meet the demands of tech divers.
- Trilaminate Front Entry Design
- Integrated Silicone Seals with Quick Cuff System
- Warm Neck Seal with Hood Air Vent System
- Armored Dry Front Diagonal Zipper with Chill Guard
- Heavy-Duty Condura Crotch Panel with Straps
- Dual Expandable Power Pockets
- Military-Grade Kevlar Knee Pads
- Anatomically Cut Kevlar Boots
LeisurePro Price: $744.95
Coming from an established a brand of scuba diving equipment, the Everdry 4 ensures reliable exposure protection in cold waters. Its thin, 4mm high-density neoprene with nylon jersey material is designed to be warm yet breathable and stretchable enough to allow a full range of motion and accommodate thin undergarments for extra insulation. It comes with a handy zippered thigh pocket, large knee pads, and integrated neoprene soft socks.
- 4mm High-Density Neoprene with Nylon Jersey Outer Layers
- Triple-Glued & Double-Thread Blind-Stitched Seams
- Watertight Neoprene Wrist Seals
- Heavy-Duty Zipper (YKK) with Neoprene Overflap
- Si-Tech Balanced Side-Activated Inlet with Adjustable Outlet Valves
- Adjustable Suspenders for Easy Donning
- Large, Protective Knee Pads
- Attached Neoprene Soft Socks
LeisurePro Price: $2,239.95
This specialized Waterproof piece is the world’s first insulated, constant volume drysuit with Integrated Silicone Seals (ISS). The brand spent years redesigning the standard drysuit (to incorporate superior quality materials) and testing them in the Antarctic to come up with the perfect drysuit that eliminates seal ruptures once and for all—hence the birth of their patented D1 Hybrid drysuit. If you have the budget for it, this will offer high-comfort, cold water exposure protection for many years to come.
- 10 Butyl Layer Tri-Laminate Outer Shell
- 3-D Mesh Inner Lining with Suspenders
- Armored Dry Zipper with Chill Guard
- Polyurethane Embossed Seat Area
- Si-Tech Swiveling Inlet Valve & Adjustable Automatic Outlet Valve
- Dual Expandable Thigh Power Pockets
- Kevlar Knee Pads and Boots
- Comes with H1 HAVS Hood and Dry Suit Bag
LeisurePro Price: $1,840
The premium, breathable trilaminate material on this Scubapro drysuit is specially designed to let out sweat while keeping water from getting in for optimum warmth and dryness throughout your dives. This new design also features Si-Tech latex seals that allow quick replacement of damaged seals, plus it comes with attached semi-rigid boots, two large cargo pockets, and a diagonal front metal dry zipper that’s completely waterproof.
- Premium Trilaminate Drysuit with Nylon Fabric
- Waterproof Diagonal Front Metal Zipper
- Stitched and Waterproof Taped Seams
- Smooth-Skin CollarHook with Hood Air Vent System
- Neck and Wrist Si-Tech Ring Seal System
- Blue Suspender System for Lower Suit Support
- Large Dual Cargo Pockets with D-Rings & Overflaps
- Attached Semi-Rigid Boots with Hook & Loop Straps
- Comes with Hood, Low-Pressure Hose, Carry Bag, and Repair Kit
LeisurePro Price: $1,299.95
The Waterproof D9 is a well-designed drysuit that makes use of a lightweight Quad-Lam membrane for that much-needed breathability. It comes with an accessible front zipper and is developed to be suitable for delicate diving while being resistant to wear, tear, and punctures. It features a telescopic waist construction, ultra-sonic welded socks, pre-bent legs, a seamless crotch, reinforced knees, and warm cuffs.
With a total weight of just 2 kg and an easy-to-fold design, it’s a great choice for traveling divers, cold water snorkelers, and even tropical diving.
- Light Cordura Nylon Quad-Lam Layer Fabric
- Drysuit Design with Breathable Membrane
- Ultra-Sonic Welded Socks
- Diagonal Front Flexible Dry Zipper Entry with Cover
- Si-Tech Valve System for Inflation & Deflation
- Integrated Suspenders and Crotch Strap
- Ergonomic Pre-Bent Legs and Suit Design
- Reinforced Knees, Warm Cuffs, and Boots
LeisurePro Price: $1,304.95
The Waterproof D10 Pro is constructed with high-density neoprene material that’s only 3.5mm thick to provide flexibility, and lined with an inner ToughTex coating to add a significant amount of thermal insulation. It comes with Kevlar reinforced boots, rubber kneepads, and reinforced shoulders to make the suit super durable, as well as Waterproof’s exclusive Integrated Silicone Seal System (ISS) to enable quick changes to the wrist and neck seals.
- 3.5mm High-Density Neoprene with ToughTex Coating
- Integrated Silicone Neck & Wrist Seals with Quick Cuff System
- Warm-Neck System with Molded Hook and Loop Tabs
- Polyurethane Reinforced Padded Shoulder Armor
- Si-Tech Valves, Swiveling Inlet Valve, Automatic Outlet Valve
- Abrasion-Resistant Polyurethane Embossed Back
- Dual Expandable Power Pockets with D-Rings
- Anatomically Shaped 3-D Rubber Knee/Shin Guards
- Attached Kevlar Soft Boots